The Academy seeks a Senior Development Officer to fundraise in support of the Academy’s strategic plan and its next capital campaign. The Senior Development Officer will play a critical role in parent and alumni engagement, annual and capital fundraising efforts, and stewardship. The ideal candidate will possess an appreciation for independent schools and should have a demonstrated track record of success in annual and major gift fundraising, identifying and stewarding top prospects, and working collaboratively with others. Willingness to participate with enthusiasm in the full life of an independent school community is essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to customer service, professionalism, leadership, and excellence and have strong knowledge of industry best practices and procedures. She/he will exhibit a mix of intelligence, sophistication, an entrepreneurial spirit, and humility so that she/he may confidently collaborate with the Development and Alumni Relations team, the Head of School, the Board of Trustees, parents, alumni, volunteers, students, and faculty. Additionally, the Senior Development Officer must be a positive teammate and leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of initiative. The Academy seeks someone with integrity, a sense of humor, and sound judgement. Finally, the Senior Development Officer will be someone who approaches her/his work with cheerful persistence and lives by the Academy’s motto: "Achieve the Honorable."
- Build, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of prospects (current and past parents, alumni) with major giving history or who have the capacity to make leadership level annual fund gifts, and who, through strategic sight-raising and thoughtful cultivation and stewardship, can be developed into major gift donors in support of the Academy’s next capital campaign
- Meet and exceed revenue and outreach goals (12-15 visits per month) by directly soliciting gifts and overseeing all facets of the fundraising process including prospect identification, cultivation, closing and stewarding of prospects
- Collaborate with the Director of Planned Giving to identify, cultivate, and solicit planned giving prospects
- Bring a strong understanding of current development trends and best practices to the team and serve as a strategic partner to the Director of Development and Head of School in campaign planning
- Work closely with the Director of the Annual Fund, Director of Development, School administrators, volunteers and faculty to identify and articulate gift opportunities and properly support them with accurate research and briefings when needed
- Identify and oversee prospect engagement activities/events and follow-up with prospects from events in a timely and targeted manner