The Director of Marketing reports to the Director of Advancement, works closely with the Director of Admission and is primarily responsible for enrollment marketing and academy-wide brand management. Serving as the Chair of the Communications Team, working with Admission, Parent Relations and Alumni Relations, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of a unified annual strategic marketing plan. This includes visual identity, creative and strategic messaging, digital communications, print communications and advertising. The Director of Marketing is responsible for maintaining and promoting the Academy’s brand in all school programs including enrollment, academic, development, athletics, extra-curricular and summer programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
- Build an understanding and support of Worcester Academy’s (WA) brand, educational distinction, core outcomes and strategic priorities. Clearly and creatively articulate WA’s strengths, unique initiatives and strategic vision to enhance the Academy’s reputation
- Coordinate the Communications Team for the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan that includes publications, events, advertising, website, public relations and social media.
- Strengthen the visual identity, creative voice and use of storytelling to express the Academy’s sense of community, core values, and innovative teaching and learning.
- Deliver on an ongoing commitment to the Worcester Academy website as a vehicle to communicate the WA experience both in and outside the classroom.
- Drive all digital marketing including paid search, display ads, SEO and Google Analytics.
- Research, hire and coordinate with external designers, writers and photographers.
- Develop and manage marketing budget.
- Develop and monitor metrics for success, track results and report findings
- Hire and supervise part-time student designers
- Work with athletics, arts and academics to support brand consistency. This may include the development of limited materials and advertising, as needed.