The Leadership Giving Director is a front-line fundraising position, responsible for growing the Lead Giving Society, including identifying and soliciting new members and stewarding and sustaining current members. In conjunction with other fundraisers in the department, the selected candidate will work strategically to grow lead donors into capital, major donors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
- In partnership with Director of Annual Giving Marketing and Participation, oversee the successful completion of the school's annual giving goal.
- Design and implement stewardship programming, touchpoints and recognition unique to Leadership Giving Society members.
- Add to leadership giving roster by identifying prospects, establishing relationships, cultivating connection to the Academy, and soliciting - much of which is done in face-to-face meetings with alumni and parents around the country.
- Identify parent lead-giving prospects and solicit by December 1st each year. Work with Admission Office to identify and solicit international parents.
- Create strategies for increasing the size of gifts from current members of the Society.
- Work hand-in-hand with major gift solicitors to design cultivation plans for those donors identified and qualified as future capital campaign prospects.
- In conjunction with the Business Office, identify and manage offerings of annual restricted (semi-major) gifts.
- Manage the application process for all grants received on annual basis.
- Work with Alumni Relations to identify and cultivate members of the "Up and Comers" group with the intent of developing them as future donors.
- Begin a senior parent giving program.
- Assist in Development events and programs. These include, but are not limited to, cultivation and recognition events, Board of Visitors, and Reunion and could require some nights and weekends.
- Serve as a member of the fundraising team and committee.